About the Ambassador Program
Our new Ambassador Program will focus on outreach, safety, and cleanliness, providing a presence within the nine blocks surrounding the Calgary Municipal Building and Stephen Avenue.
Working as part of a team, the Ambassadors will:
- Connect Calgarians and visitors to services, information, and supports
- Build ties with local businesses, community organizations, and economically diverse citizens who may be spending time in the area
- Be a resource to the vulnerable population by helping connect them with social services
Our team of 12 Ambassadors will be recognizable from their red jackets, and will provide coverage to the area during the following times:
Monday to Saturday from 9:00am to 8:00pm
Sundays from 11:00am to 5:00pm
If you'd like to get in touch with the Downtown Ambassadors, please contact them through the program or administration line as stated below.
- Please contact the Downtown Ambassador Program Line at (403) 215-1567, regarding matters relating to welfare checks requests and ambassador support.
- Please contact the Downtown Ambassador Administration Line at (403) 464-0534 or email@example.com, regarding inquiries related to employment, partnerships and ambassador program operations.
Learn more about the Ambassador Program and the 9 Block Program here.