Display & Activation permits (Including Stampede)
For businesses on Stephen Avenue and Barclay Mall who would like to showcase their community spirit with western decor or performances, please note that you will require necessary permits through coordination with the CDA's Pedestrian Mall Manager. Permits require 3-5 business days for processing
Please reach out to secure your permit or if you have any questions about:
- Installation of items such as hay bales, country furnishings or large decorations - please note that pre-approval is required for pick-up and delivery of your items in an effort to reduce traffic on Stephen Avenue and your permit is subject to a Calgary Fire code inspection;
- Redesignation of taxi lanes for rideshare accommodations and mitigation of double parking for street access;
- Line queueing wait zone - if your team would like to establish physical distancing while maintaining capacity and need advice about staging.
- Patio heaters - please note that pre-approval is required for pick-up and delivery of your items and your permit is subject to a Calgary Fire code inspection;
- Liquor advertisements are not permitted on Stephen Avenue Walk and Barclay Mall - the CDA team is here to support you and provide consultation as needed;
- If you have concerns or feedback about the enhanced police presence, or officers on horses, parade precessions as well as the increasing number of food carts, protesters and/or e-scooters; and
- Stampede time performances or if you have questions about the noise bylaw changes during the festival or concerns about buskers.
For more information contact:
Jay Ro, Director of Operations