September 3, 2021 Update
COVID-19 transmission is increasing and hospital admissions are rising, largely in unvaccinated Albertans. Alberta is taking temporary measured steps to reduce transmission and prevent the health care system from being overwhelmed.
These temporary measures come into effect September 4 at 8:00 a.m.:
- Masks are mandatory in all indoor public spaces and workplaces.
- Employees must mask in all indoor work settings, except in work stations or where 2 metre physical distancing or adequate barriers are in place.
- Schools are not required to implement masking, but school boards will continue to set COVID-19 management policies as they deem appropriate.
Restaurants, cafes, bars, pubs and nightclubs
- Alcohol service must end at 10:00 p.m. in all licensed establishments
- Albertans are encouraged to limit in-person contacts.
- Unvaccinated Albertans are strongly recommended to limit indoor social gatherings to close contacts of only 2 cohort families up to a maximum of 10 people.
Working from home
- Employers are recommended to continue to work-from-home measures and pause plans to have staff return to work.
For more information, visit the Government of Alberta website.